photo banner7.png

Friday, May 2, 2014

Crochet Rose Chain Bracelet.





My mother in law's birthday was yesterday. Knowing she wears bracelets quite often, I decided to crochet a simple chain bracelet with a rose accent. I didn't follow a pattern for the bracelet, but it was quite easy, really.

Although you could alter the bracelet and use whichever yarn and hook you desire, here's what I did:

Materials
Lion Brand Bonbons Yarn
Aunt Lydia's Size 10 Crochet Thread (for the rose)
US Sz F hook
1.65mm steel hook (for the rose)

Create a chain the length you want the bracelet to be (I chained 15). Then single crochet into your first chain to create the bracelet. Chain another 15 or 16 chains and slip stitch into the single crochet. Chain another 15 or so chains and slip stitch again in the single crochet. Chain another 15 chains and single crochet in the first single crochet. This gives a total of four rings. Fasten off. I wanted a twisty look so I weaved one of the chains before securing.


I then used Aunt Lydia's size 10 thread and a 1.65 mm steel hook to create the rose. I followed instructions for the rose at I'm Topsy Turvy. I sewed the rose on and voila!


I adore how it turned out! I think she loved it too. :)

Note: If you're not a crochet-er and love the look and want your own, I will be opening an Etsy store next month, details to follow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment