photo banner7.png

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Crochet Nesting Bowls - (Link to Free Pattern Included)



Last year, I discovered my love for yarn.

I had initially tried knitting, and while soothing, my patience runs a little thin especially since I am not yet adept to knowing how to fix a dropped stitch. When I was six years old, my grandmother taught me how to crochet, a skill that was lost on me as I got older. Now, twenty five years later, I've taught myself how to crochet using books and YouTube videos. For the last six months or so I've been hoarding yarn and using free patterns to "make things," as Bear calls it. I am currently in the midst of a few projects but I carve out time for some quick in-betweens.

Mr Sunshine, waiting patiently for me to finish

Yesterday I whipped up some nesting bowls. In my case it might be a Pinterest fail because my middle bowl ended up being very close in size to my small bowl. Who knows, I might have been distracted (I have three kids!) and missed a couple double crochets. I still love this set and Mr Sunshine has been filling them with his button collection.



I found the pattern at The Purple Chair Crochet and the instructions were very easy to read. I will most likely crochet another set to see if I can correct my sizing error on the middle bowl. I love the scalloped edge of the larger bowl and the design made by the treble crochet on the small bowl.



If you want to make your own set, head over to Jessica's site at The Purple Chair Crochet, or check out my Fiber Arts Pinterest board for more inspiration.

0 comments:

Post a Comment